About the campaign
1 in 3 women live through physical, emotional or sexual violence by an intimate partner globally. The pandemic had not only devastated global health and economies but also brought with it the shadow pandemic of domestic violence. Social distancing, nationwide lockdowns and movement restrictions had turned the home into a dangerous place for women and children where they were unable to escape the violence.
Survivors and their children unable to leave the violence due to the lack of finances and support systems (no family and friends), they continue to remain in the vicious cycle of violence.
iWalk2021 is a call to action for the community that all forms of violence against women is not accepted and must be eliminated. The walk demonstrates the community’s hope for survivors to walk away and live a life free from violence.
We as a community walk together with her away from violence.
Campaign Period: Today – 30th Nov 2021, Tuesday
Result Submission Deadline: before 30th Nov 2021, Tuesday
Please submit a screenshot of your distance via email email@example.com
Price: RM50 Per Entry
Women’s Aid Organisation
Bank Account No: 80-0238299-7 (CIMB)
Reference Code: iWALK2021
Participants can opt to collect the iWalk2021 Kit at WAO HQ, PJ or sent through postage. (Postage borne by participant)
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- iWalk 2021 Virtual Walk is organised by Women’s Aid Organisation and it is open to everyone.
- Participants agree to provide accurate, true, current and complete information about the participants. The Organizer may contact the participants by e-mail or text message. Any notice sent to the e-mail address registered with the Organizer shall consider as received by the participants. If the participants provide any information that is inaccurate, untrue, not current or incomplete, or the Organizer has rights to suspect that such information is inaccurate, untrue, not current or incomplete, the Organizer may suspend or terminate the participants’ registration and fees will not be refunded.
- Once participants registration is done, there will be NO refund even if participants are not able to participate due to any reason.
- Participants must be certified fit to participate in this event. The Organizer shall not be liable for any accident, injuries or mishap that happened in the participation of the event.
- You may submit your run/walk records via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) through run tracking apps such as Strava and other GPS-enabled running apps, records of runs must include: distance and date of run. Alternatively, if running indoors, a screenshot of the run record (ie. a photo of the treadmill dashboard) can be submitted via email. (email@example.com)
- Submission of results must be submitted on or before 30th November 2021.