On 13 November 2019, Women’s Aid Organisation presented a petition for 7 days of paternity leave, with over 39,000 signatures, to the government.
The petition was received by YB M. Kula Segaran, the Human Resources Minister, and YB Hannah Yeoh, the Deputy Women, Family and Community Development Minister. Also present were YB Sim Tze Tzin, the Deputy Agriculture and Agro-based Industry Minister, and YB Fahmi Fadzil, MP for Lembah Pantai.
During the event, YB Kula Segaran said that he will present the proposal for 7 days of paternity leave to the Cabinet for further discussion.
We hope you would support our call for 7 days of paternity leave, to improve the wellbeing of families across Malaysia.
- The Star – Kula to bring up seven-day paternity leave with Cabinet (13 Nov)
- Star TV – Kula to bring up seven-day paternity leave with Cabinet (13 Nov)
- Bernama – Cadangan cuti paterniti tujuh hari sektor swasta akan dibawa ke kabinet – Kula Segaran (13 Nov)
- Bernama – Govt to study 7-day paternity leave request (13 Nov)
- Harian Metro – Syor cuti bersalin 7 hari untuk suami (14 Nov)
- MyMetro – Tujuh hari ‘paternity leave’ ke Kabinet (13 Nov)
- Berita Harian – Syor cuti bersalin 7 hari bagi suami di sektor swasta dibawa ke Kabinet (13 Nov)
- Berita Harian – Cuti paterniti sektor swsata ke Kabinet akhir tahun (14 Nov)
- Sinar Harian – Cadang cuti paterniti tujuh hari (13 Nov)
- Sinar Harian – Syor Cuti Bersalin 7 Hari bagi Suami Sektor Swasta ke Kabinet (14 Nov)
- Malay Mail – Bill on parenthood leave in Parliament by next March, says HR minister (13 Nov)
- New Straits Times – 7 days paternity leave proposal to cabinet soon (13 Nov)
- New Straits Times – 7-day paternity leave to be proposed (14 Nov)
- Free Malaysia Today – Give dads in private sector 7 days’ paternity leave, NGO urges govt (13 Nov)
- Free Malaysia Today – NGO wanita gesa swasta sedia cuti paterniti 7 hari (13 Nov)
- The Sun – Private sector paternity leave to be tabled either in December or March (13 Nov)
- The Sun – Paternity leave on the cards (14 Nov)
- The Edge – Govt to study 7-day paternity leave request — Kula Segaran (13 Nov)
- The Edge – Government to study seven-day paternity leave request (14 Nov)
- The Malaysian Reserve – Seven day paternity leave to be brought up to Cabinet (14 Nov)
- China Press – The Ministry of Human Resources will propose 7 days of paternity leave to the Cabinet (13 Nov)
- China Press – Forty thousand people demand benefits; Kula to submit 7 days parental leave proposal to cabinet (14 Nov)
- Nanyang Siang Pao – MOHR will submit suggestion of 7-day Paternity leave for fathers, to Cabinet in next month (14 Nov)
- Oriental Daily – WAO strives for 7 day of paternity leave for fathers (14 Nov)
- Sin Chew Daily – Kula: Bring the issue of 7 days of paternity leave to Cabinet for discussion (14 Nov)
- The Borneo Post – Govt to study 7-day paternity leave request (14 Nov)