Read our Budget 2023 memorandum here. Our new report, Budget 2023: Facilitating Resilient and…
Where the survivors can get help for Domestic Violence during the MCO
Last year, following the first movement control order (MCO), domestic violence increased significantly. Now, as we enter phase 2.0 of the MCO, hence it is very important for survivors to know where they can get help for Domestic Violence during MCO.
If you are experiencing domestic violence, you can get protection and support during the MCO. You can make a police report, obtain a protection order, and seek medical care. If you are trapped, you can contact the police at 999 to help you.
If you or someone you know is experiencing domestic abuse (or other forms of gender-based violence), you may contact the following resources for assistance:
- WAO Hotline: +603 7956 3488 (24 hours), TINA (WhatsApp): +6018 988 8058 (24 hours)
- Talian Kasih 15999 (24 hour) / +6019 2615999 (WhatsApp)
- TELENISA Hotline & Whatsapp: +6012 812 3424
- All Women’s Action Society (AWAM) Hotline & WhatsApp: +6016 237 4221
- Women’s Centre For Change (WCC) Hotline: ( WCC Penang) +6011 3108 4001 / 016428 7265 : (WCC Seberang/PPW) +6016 439 0698 / +6016 418 0342
- SOLS Health: E-mel firstname.lastname@example.org / +6018 900 3247
- Befrienders KL: Telephone +603 7627 2929 (24 hours)
- Malaysia Emergency Response Service (MERS): 999 (24 hours)
You can also visit wao.org.my for information on domestic violence on how to get help.
We also urge neighbours and the public to be extra vigilant.
If you witness or suspect domestic abuse, reach out to the survivor when it is safe, and advise them to call WAO. If it is an emergency, you can contact the police (999). If you need information, you can contact WAO.
We thank all frontliners, including the police, welfare officers, and hospital workers, for their service during this time.
About Women’s Aid Organisation (WAO)
Since 1982, Women’s Aid Organisation has provided free shelter, counselling, and crisis support to women and children who experience abuse. We help women and their children rebuild their lives, after surviving domestic violence, rape, trafficking, and other atrocities. Learning from women’s experiences, we advocate to improve public policies and shift public mindsets. Together, we change lives.
Call the WAO Hotline at 03 7956 3488 or SMS/WhatsApp TINA at 018 988 8058 if you or someone you know is experiencing abuse. For more information, visit wao.org.my.
For more information, please contact:
email@example.com/ +6013 380 2287
This Post Has 0 Comments